- I want to be raw, genuine, sincere, honest conversations by being so myself. With people who are open to it.
- be more self-aware
- I want a tiny home to call my own, only requirement being that it must be a bi-level loft.
- It needs to be close (best case scenario: within walking distance!) of a skating rink.
- I cannot live anywhere where skating is a ripoff. (ie, like $10 entrance fee like San Fran!
- Needs to be convenient via public transportation.
- I want to take ___ classes and be certified.
- something that’s crossed my mind suddenly; maybe it’s possible to have a side job of my hobby while working more mainstream in the area of my degree! Hmmmm. This idea makes me smile because it’s for myself. 🙂
- get a good quality DEHYDRATOR! I love apple chips. And I’m going to go broke if I don’t start making my own instead of buying.
- I would like a scooter, not a car. Because it costs less for one, gas is also much cheaper, it’s more convenient than waiting on buses.. and I’ve always been jealous of the influx of scooters used in Europe. Do want!
- Get a full-time job in my degree area
- I want to have a core full-time job in my chosen field, if not possible, I would not mind several part-time jobs (maybe one career related, one slightly more miscellaneous) + a side business. I think this may be more realistic given the bleak outlook on jobs today)
My [future] significant other
- Tell me what you want from the relationship. I need to know so we’re on clear understanding. If we can’t see eye to eye and have different wants from the relationship ie, just a fling vs long term, no point in continuing. I will obviously tell you in return as well.
- Confidence. What I mean is.. I like people.. who like themselves. Because in order to love someone else, I think you need to like yourself first and foremost. Not to sound conceited, but I do love myself for what I do. 🙂
- Responsible/committed personality
- Be able to say sorry and mean it.
- Be comfortable being yourself, be authentic.
- Be able to compromise.
- Communicate! Be vulnerable, open, & honest. I don’t want any secrets that might ruin a relationship. If you’re unhappy, tell me so. If you don’t like something I did or disagree with my opinion, tell me & explain yourself. I do want to listen to what you have to say and I will hear you out. Don’t be passive aggressive about it and evasively wave it off and tell me to do it my way to appease me or to put off an argument. You just build up anger inside. And that’s no good for any person, never mind a relationship.
- Give me “me” time to be with friends and do other things. I do have a life outside of you.
- I want an equal, well-balanced relationship. Not someone who sucks up to me. Just treat me like your equal, like your friend. Meaning, I’m looking for companionship. Not someone who wants to provide for me like a pampered dog. I want to be treated with respect & dignity, meaning that I am respected to hold up my end and contribute to my half of the finances or expenses while you do your bit as well.
- Sincere, empathetic, unassuming, good work ethic, general optimism/happiness, adaptable, grit, reliable, accepting
- Enjoys deep conversations (2017)
- Biggest one: has chemistry and holds similar views to me. Someone who I feel like talking/being together for hours, does not drain me. Someone I naturally am inclined to want to spend hours and hours with everyday. (2017)
- Preferably, not long distance. That shit is tough. 😦 (2017)
- — and this is where I will confess that no matter how vain and terrible this makes me look.. I do know I have standards I want:
- I have to be true to myself: I DO have to like how he looks. This comes first and foremost. I mean, model-like, hell no. But I simply cannot go out with someone who I am repulsed by in looks. There’s no point in making myself as miserable and stressed as I was.
- This is obvious I think, but I am absolutely NOT getting picked up on a bus by a stranger. Nope. Don’t even try it. I’m not falling for it when you make the generic GETTOKNOWYOUin15minsMODE — BOASTMODEtoproveI’mworthy — FRIENDMODE — PRIVATEINFOLEECHwantfacebookphonenumberemail. I chat like a civil person, and then turn you down when you start asking for personal information. I’ll prance off, amused. Sorry dude. //edit: oh, holy crap. Talk about the obvious not being obvious to me. I just realized I fell for this even though I swore off it. Because it was a friend’s friend. minus the boast mode. crap.crap.crap.
- Sometimes, I think everyone has a set of standards that make them sound vain so they deny it. But hey, why else would there be “picking” of a mate? You might as well marry the next guy you see walking down the street!
..and this will probably be continually updated as I age and turn to a wrinkly prune. Or not. Since I have acquired an old-lady style bad memory already. 🙂